Skip to main content

Everybody Dance Now!

I decided to do something random today and post some of the dances from anime, video games, etc. Why? Because I feel like it. Don't ask that question. Okay, if you really must know, I was going to write a semi-political critique of Japan's crappy education system, but then I went on Youtube and felt my braincells die one by one. As such, I'll wait until the ramen I just age reinvigorates them!




The first video (above, obviously) is from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and the song is called "Hare Hare Yukai". Everybody knows this one. They perform it at conventions, random public places (I'm glad I live in a small town!), and just wherever they want to. If you don't know this dance, you probably live in a hole. Just kidding. You just haven't seen the anime, don't go to conventions, and don't use Youtube.




This is the opening to the crappy game, Final Fantasy X-2. I've never seen it in English and I don't really want to. Final Fantasy X was a poor game, in my opinion (mental note: review for later), and the English voice actors didn't do much to change that when it came to the States. However, the sequel was worse! It was down right retarded. Anyway, check out the song and dance. I've never actually heard of anyone trying to perform it, lip-sync it, etc. but it needs some love.




Best one! The promo for The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is the final dance I'm posting. No Lucky Star stuff, sorry. This is by far the coolest dance ever! Unfortunately, I'm not coordinated enough to any dancing at all (I couldn't even figure out marching band), so I can't do this one. Enjoy it anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dragonball Evolution - Ugh!

I'm sure many of you have probably already seen the trailer, but in case you haven't, here it is: I was inspired to do this by the live-action Avatar movie coming out. Like pretty much every animated show to get the live-action treatment, Dragonball doesn't look so great. Now, I'm going to admit that I'm not the franchise's biggest fan, but after years of being forced to suffer through episode after episode, I can safely say that I'd rather watch any episode of Dragonball, Dragonball Z, or Dragonball GT rather than this movie. First of all, it looks like it's going to utterly kill the story, and there wasn't too much of that to begin with. In fact, this looks like it's going to be a coming-of-age, keep your teenage sons busy for a night kind of movie. As far as Goku goes, well, he probably shouldn't look like a little skinny guy. He's a big, buff fighting dude whose hair turns blonde when he gets all pumped up. I mean, even those Ember

Review for LingQ - Redone!

I really wanted to do a review for LingQ , and I wound up doing a long and crazy post about things that didn't have much to do with LingQ. As such, I am redoing this post in hopes of better clarifying what LingQ is and how well it works. For starters, anyone even remotely familiar with Steve Kauffman will know that he's a huge supporter of what is normally called the input method. That basically means that you learn a language simply through exposure to it. No grammar drills, just listening, reading, and anything else you can think of that will expose you to the language. As such, that is exactly what LingQ strives to do. The most frustrating thing about learning an Asian language through the input method, in my opinion, is that if you're reading a book or a non-editable pdf, if you come across a kanji you're not sure how to read, you can't just type it into a dictionary. That frustrates me a lot! That's why LingQ is so good about that. You just hover your mou

Valentine's Day in Japan!

It's a holiday, and I'm taking a break from an article I've been working on for my other blogs in order to have some fun. It's Valentine's Day, and I thought I'd let everyone know how it works in Japan, because it's not like it is here in America. Firstly, only women give chocolates in Japan. Traditionally speaking, women were supposed to be shy and all around not very good at communicating their feelings, thus Valentine's Day was a perfect way to help them out. Women give out chocolates on Valentine's Day not only to their friends and lover, but also to pretty much any man they know. When the giving of chocolate is obligatory, as is the case when a woman gives chocolates to her boss, coworker, etc., it is called giri-choko (ぎりーちょこ). This means that if you're visiting Japan and a girl you may kind of sort of know gives you some chocolate, don't think it means your advances have worked! She might just feel obligated to do so. The Japanese feel